Indoor Visitation Is Now Open!
Due to having no positive cases of COVID-19 in our staff for over 14 days as well as the Ottawa County Positivity rating coming down, we are able to open up indoor visitation for our residents’ guests, beginning Tuesday, February 9.
We are taking steps to reduce the spread of infection.
Given the high risk to the population that we serve, we have adopted a number of measures designed to protect our residents and staff.
- These include a suspension of indoor or outdoor visitor policy
- Enhanced health screening of residents and staff
- Isolating residents with symptoms
- Sending staff with symptoms home to isolate
- Additional use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and other measures informed by guidance from federal agencies, such as the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- All residents and staff of Riverview will be tested every 3-7 days until we have reached 2 full weeks of negative testing for all residents and staff.
- Large group activities will be suspended and will move to Door Way activities with social distancing, face masks, hand and surface sanitation.
- Open Dining in our Harvest Glen (Stations 1 & 2) Dining Room has been suspended. Each station will have a designated time for meals. Masks must be worn to and from the dining room. Social Distancing, hand and surface sanitation will be done before, after and during the meal service.
We are in the process of notifying all resident representatives by phone and have the linked letter prepared for residents and representatives as a follow up.
If you have any further questions, please let us know.
Kendra M. German, LNHA
Ottawa Co. Riverview Healthcare Campus
8180 W. State Route 163
Oak Harbor, Ohio 43449
While Riverview is owned and operated by the Ottawa County Commissioners, the facility is financially independent. Riverview receives no funds from the Ottawa County general fund. Riverview’s revenue stream includes Medicare, Medicaid, Private Pay Individuals, and commercial insurances among a few other smaller revenue sources.
Riverview does have a five year .5 mill tax levy which brings in approximately $850,000 per year. This tax levy is utilized for capital projects to keep the facility in good condition to remain an asset to the Ottawa County tax payers, a comfortable home to our residents and an attractive choice in our competitive senior housing industry.
This site is updated with current Riverview capital projects funded by our Riverview levy.
The Riverview Renovation Project is funded by a 10 million dollar Bond being paid through the facility’s currently .5 mil tax levy.
Your Stay at Riverview
Whether it’s for a single day or Riverview will become your home, we offer exceptional nursing care and support services and much needed peace of mind to family members and caregivers. The campus offers private and semi-private accommodations along with 24 hour nursing services. We also offer physical, occupational, and speech therapies. Cottage Cove suites are available for short term rehabilitation needs. For patients that require memory care “The Lighthouse” is a memory care unit that provides a safe protected environment. Daily recreational activities are provided on a daily basis and include games, trips, and late morning and afternoon snacks.
Your stay at Riverview includes personal products, meals and snacks, laundry and housekeeping services, and one haircut per month. Your needs will be met by a caring and thoughtful staff.